Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cardio Workout Routine

Here's my cardio workout routine

HIIT is a great way to burn fat faster and do it in less time.

With hitt, no one can use the excuse that they don’t have the time to workout.

To prove it, here’s an example of today’s cardio workout that I did at home without any exercise equipment.

I first warmed up by doing a few minutes of easy body weight squats and jumping jacks.

Then I jumped right into my cardio workout as follows:

* Jumping Jacks
* Plank
* Mountain Climbers
* Side Hops (hop side to side over a dumbbell - you can use anything to jump over)
* Sprint in Place (I hold my hands out and make sure me knees touch them each time)
* Body Weight Squats
* Burpee
* Stationary Reverse Lunge

I performed this routine by going all out (yes, 100% effort) on each exercise for 15 seconds. I would then take a 15 second break before doing the same on the next exercise.

This had me complete the above cycle in 4 minutes. I then took a two minute break and repeated the exact cycle listed above.

Another 2 minute break followed and I performed a third cycle as follows:

* Jumping Jacks
* Crunches
* Body Weight Squats
* Reverse Lunges
* Leg Raise
* Sprint in Place
* Plank
* Side Hop

Including warm up this entire routine took me 20 minutes, at home, no exercise equipment, and it was brutal.

Stop using lack of time or equipment as an excuse to miss out on a fitness program. You can ALWAYS do SOMETHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share

Sponsor Links

Four Workouts From Today You Can Be Stronger Than You've Ever Been!
10 exercises, 5 seconds each, All the muscle you want! Guaranteed
Finally, strength workouts for the thinking person...!
www.staticcontraction.com

Vertical Explosion Training Program
Increase Your Vertical By 10 Inches in Just 10 Weeks!
NEVER Be Out Jumped By Anyone Ever Again
www.verticaljumpguide.com

The #1 Rated Strength and Conditioning Program for MMA Fighters on the Internet
Be a Monster In The Cage!
Have Complete Confidence In Your Conditioning
www.ultimatemmastrength.com